It is officially Berkshire Hathaway season here in Omaha!
Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend is approaching, and the excitement really kicks off when Warren Buffett outlines the weekend in his annual letter to shareholders. (It was just released an hour ago – You can read the letter here.)Here is what you need to know for the 2017 Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders weekend:
- It is May 5, 6, and 7 in Omaha.
- Yahoo Finance will live-stream the meeting again for those who cannot travel to Omaha. (Warren Buffett says 1.1 million viewers watched it live last year, with another 11.5 million replays. Most people thanked him, saying they were too old, too thrifty, or their religion kept them from attending in person).
- Shopping at the CenturyLink Center on Friday and Saturday was HUGE, and it will again be open on Friday from noon to 5pm and Saturday from 6am to 5pm. I know our team at Borsheims has ordered extra items this year!
- The official schedule of events is found here, but Mr. Buffett’s letter details a few more offerings, like the newspaper toss and what specific books you should purchase at the Bookworm’s booth.
- Nebraska Furniture Mart will offer discounts in its Kansas City and Dallas area stores for the first time this year to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders. Shareholders will still need to show proof of ownership to get the discount.
- We love this special shout-out from Mr. Buffett’s daughter regarding Borsheims:
At Borsheims, we will again have two shareholder-only events. The first will be a cocktail reception from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, May 5th. The second, the main gala, will be held on Sunday, May 7th, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Saturday, we will remain open until 6 p.m. Remember, the more you buy, the more you save (or so my daughter tells me when we visit the store)We can’t wait for everyone to come see us, and we totally agree that the more you buy at Borsheims, the more you save! You can start your saving now by shopping online. We even have some of our 2017 Berkshire Hathaway gear ready to sell, including a whiskey set, a Montblanc pen with Warren’s signature, and dozens of other Berkshire Hathaway items.