- You must have shareholder credentials to attend the weekend’s official events, including the Borsheims cocktail party, Borsheims shareholder-only shopping day, the annual shareholders meeting on Saturday, the Berkyville shopping area in the CenturyLink Center, and to receive the discounts at Borsheims and Nebraska Furniture Mart.
- You can receive your credentials (up to 4 per shareholder) by filling out a form that came in your annual report from Berkshire Hathaway and mailing that form into Berkshire Hathaway. They’ll then send you your requested credentials in a few weeks.
- If you didn’t receive an annual report, contact your stockbroker and ask them to send you one.
- If you still can’t get your hands on an annual report, see the next step.
- You can get credentials once you arrive in Omaha for Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend. On Friday, May 5 from 11am to 6pm and Saturday, May 6 from 7am to 4pm, visit the Shareholder Services kiosk inside the CenturyLink Center. Bring a photo ID and proof of stock ownership (like a statement from your broker) and you will be given your credentials.
- If you still can’t seem to get your credentials, there are always a few ways to gain access:
- Berkshire Hathaway’s corporate office usually puts some credentials for sale on eBay for about $5 each (to keep scalpers from selling them)
- Find a shareholder who doesn’t need all four of their credentials and ask them to share.
- If you are a member of the media, you’ll need to contact Berkshire Hathaway headquarters directly for credentials. Please call them at (402)346-1400. You must go through their office to be credentialed for the weekend’s events.
Posts Tagged ‘shareholder credentials’
We have been receiving a lot of questions here at BorsheimsBRK.com about shareholder credentials for Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend.
Many of you should have received your credentials in the mail already, since we are just three weeks away from the shareholder shopping and fun!
If you didn’t receive your credentials, here’s what you can do:
– Check to make sure you receive the annual report. The annual report, sent in mid-March, has a postcard that you should return to Berkshire to request credentials. If you don’t receive the annual report, talk to your broker and request one.
– If you requested credentials, but they haven’t arrived yet, just wait. It may still be in the mail.
– If you get to Omaha and don’t have credentials yet, you can still get your hands on some. All you need to do is visit the shareholder services kiosk on Friday and Saturday at the CenturyLink Center lobby. There you can present proof of stock ownership and a photo ID and credentials will be given to you.
Berkshire Hathaway is great at making sure all documented shareholders have the opportunity to shop and attend the shareholder events during Berkshire Hathaway weekend. Follow the instructions above and we will see you in just a few weeks!
The Berkshire Hathaway shareholder discount period started yesterday (Monday) at Borsheims and begins today at Nebraska Furniture Mart. We had a store full of shoppers at Borsheims yesterday, eager to take advantage of the discount and get their shopping done before the big crowds arrive this weekend.Here are some details about the discounts:
- Please bring your shareholder pass with you. You don’t have to wear it around your neck, but we will want to see it at some point.
- The discounts vary by item (at both Borsheims and Nebraska Furniture Mart), so we can only tell you what the discount will be on each particular item.
- The discount at Borsheims runs through next Saturday (May 7).
- The discount at Nebraska Furniture Mart runs through Monday (May 2).
There are a few surprises awaiting Berkshire Hathaway shareholders when they arrive for this year’s Berkshire Hathaway annual shareholders’ weekend… and they’re currently in the works behind these makeshift construction walls.
There are two areas under construction. The photo on the left is in the watch area of the sales floor. This will be a Cartier shop-in-shop. A large Cartier backdrop and new showcases with red carpeting will set the Cartier shop apart from the rest of the sales floor. Borsheims is the only place in the area you can shop for Cartier products and we’re thrilled to have this shop-in-shop concept coming to Borsheims.
The photo on the right is of the new Pandora shop-in-shop. Pandora is a new line to Borsheims, and specializes in delivering genuine, high quality jewelry and accessories at affordable prices. You may know them best for their line of charms.
Both shop-in-shops are scheduled to be completed in time for the Berkshire Hathaway annual shareholders’ weekend. In fact, we’re hoping to get them done by early next week!
Look for photos of the finished product here, then come check them out in person and get some great deals with your Berkshire Hathaway shareholder credentials!
Did you get your credentials in the mail yet? I haven’t seen any, but talked with a couple this weekend who said they received theirs just a few days ago. And just having the credentials in hand made them so excited that they spent the weekend “pre-shopping” at Borsheims and Nebraska Furniture Mart, picking out what all they’ll buy during the Berkshire Hathaway annual shareholders weekend.
How fun!If you don’t have your credentials yet, don’t worry! Here’s the scoop from Berkshire Hathaway headquarters:
- – The 2010 Annual Reports were mailed to shareholders of record and beneficial-but-not-of-record shareholders in mid-March.
- – Included in the mailing was a Proxy Statement
- – A perforated postcard was attached to the Proxy
- – Fill out and return the postcard to order your meeting credentials
- – Shareholders are entitled to a maximum of 4 meeting credentials
- – The credentials are required for the meeting and other weekend events, as well as to receive special shareholder pricing during the discount period.
Hello Berkshire Fans,
We just wanted to put up a brief post today highlighting some of the changes coming to the 2010 Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting. Check out this document highlighting some of the changes.
2010 Changes Include:
-Table tennis is back (after a few years of hiatus, table tennis is back for the celebration)
-Shareholders are entitled to a maximum of 2 meeting credentials (change from 4 last year). Update: looks like Warren is allowing 4 credentials per shareholder again this year.
How do shareholders get their credentials?
Look for more information in the the 2009 Annual Reports that will be mailed in March. Included in the mailing will be the Proxy Statement. A perforated postcard will be attached to that Proxy. Fill it out and return the postcard to order your
Stay tuned for more information.
Best of luck and see you in May!