- You must have shareholder credentials to attend the weekend’s official events, including the Borsheims cocktail party, Borsheims shareholder-only shopping day, the annual shareholders meeting on Saturday, the Berkyville shopping area in the CenturyLink Center, and to receive the discounts at Borsheims and Nebraska Furniture Mart.
- You can receive your credentials (up to 4 per shareholder) by filling out a form that came in your annual report from Berkshire Hathaway and mailing that form into Berkshire Hathaway. They’ll then send you your requested credentials in a few weeks.
- If you didn’t receive an annual report, contact your stockbroker and ask them to send you one.
- If you still can’t get your hands on an annual report, see the next step.
- You can get credentials once you arrive in Omaha for Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend. On Friday, May 5 from 11am to 6pm and Saturday, May 6 from 7am to 4pm, visit the Shareholder Services kiosk inside the CenturyLink Center. Bring a photo ID and proof of stock ownership (like a statement from your broker) and you will be given your credentials.
- If you still can’t seem to get your credentials, there are always a few ways to gain access:
- Berkshire Hathaway’s corporate office usually puts some credentials for sale on eBay for about $5 each (to keep scalpers from selling them)
- Find a shareholder who doesn’t need all four of their credentials and ask them to share.
- If you are a member of the media, you’ll need to contact Berkshire Hathaway headquarters directly for credentials. Please call them at (402)346-1400. You must go through their office to be credentialed for the weekend’s events.
Posts Tagged ‘media credentials’
With the addition of Warren Buffett to Borsheims’ expert sales staff, Borsheims is prepared for an even larger than normal crowd of Berkshire Hathaway shareholders during the 2011 Annual Meeting weekend. Members of the media are welcome to visit Borsheims during the Berkshire Hathaway Weekend. Here’s your guide:
Check in both Friday evening and Sunday at Borsheims by entering the northeast doors of Regency Court, near Garbo’s Salon. If you received an email from me, you’re on the list and we’re expecting you.
POOL CAMERABecause of space and security constraints, access to the media will be limited while Warren Buffett is selling jewelry inside Borsheims. You will be allowed to stand with other shareholders at a distance from Mr. Buffett and take your video/photos. Two pool cameras will supply up close shots.
- Our video crew will have the b-roll available on an ftp site within two hours of the event. Please test out the site and download by clicking this link and then clicking the download button. If this type of file does not work for you, let me know and we’ll figure out a file that will. I will send out an email to everyone with the link(s) to the file(s) on Sunday as soon as it is available. If you received an email with this message on Wednesday, you’ll receive the email with the link on Sunday.
- Our still photographer is Nati Harnik with the Associated Press. Since he is the designated pool photographer, everyone will have access to his photos. If you don’t know how to gain access to pool AP photos, I’ll put you in touch with Nati at the event.
- Borsheims Shareholder Only Cocktail Reception 6pm – 9pm
- Look for:
- – Shareholders shopping and receiving exclusive discounts on more than 100,000 pieces of jewelry, watches and fine gifts
- – Shareholders enjoying signature cocktails like a Fortune Fizz, Profit Punch, & Berkshire Brew
- – Berkshire Hathaway memorabilia on sale, including themed “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” merchandise
- Borsheims Booth open at Qwest Center Exhibit Hall 7am – 4:30pm
- – Borsheims Booth specials available ONLY at the Qwest Center
- – Includes diamond stud earrings, pearl necklaces, watches, and more at unbelievable prices! Click here for the list.
- Borsheims Open for Regular Business 10am – 6pm
- Borsheims Shareholder Only Shopping Day 9am – 4pm
- – Warren Buffett Selling at Borsheims Around 1pm
- – Activities Begin 1pm
- – Look for:
- * Two-time U.S. Chess Champion Patrick Wolff playing six games of chess simultaneously while blindfolded
- * Magician Norman Beck entertaining shareholders
- * Bridge experts Sharon Osberg and Bob Hamman playing with bridge lovers
- – Exclusive Shareholder prices on all jewelry, watches and gifts
I look forward to seeing you this weekend!
Borsheims is one of the nation’s largest independent jewelry stores. Proudly celebrating its 22nd year of being a Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary, the store is known for its extensive selection of jewelry, watches and gifts, its exemplary customer service and its exceptional “Borsheims price.”