I’ve mentioned that the theme for this year’s Berkshire Hathaway weekend is “Berkshire Hathaway by the numbers.”
Each subsidiary was asked to submit some numbers about their company to Berkshire Hathaway headquarters. It was fun thinking about Borsheims and Berkshire Hathaway weekend in this way.
Here are a few of the fun facts from Borsheims:Berkshire Weekend Fun Facts
- During the 2015 Berkshire Hathaway weekend we were visited by over 27,000 guests
- To thank them for their patronage, we fed them. We went through:
- 25,000 meatballs
- 2,000 pounds of chicken
- 9,000 squares of quiche
- 600 pounds of polish sausage
- 15,000 cocktail buns
- 2,000 pounds of roast beef to serve on those cocktail buns
- 1,000 pounds of fresh fruit
- 800 pounds of veggies
- 300 pounds of ranch dip
- 1,000 pounds of cheese
- It is all worth it however, because Borsheims processes a credit card every 11 seconds during the weekend. And in 2015, we sold 132 loose diamonds instore and online.
- We processed over 2,500 transactions at the Borsheims pop up booth at the CenturyLink Center in 2015.
- We used over 11,000 yard of ribbon that weekend alone (that’s more than six miles).
- Borsheims is very busy the rest of the year as well. In 2014 we processed 98,000 sales tickets and assisted 42,000 clients with purchases. That works out to an average 2.33 sales per client.
- Throughout the year, we sold 160,000 units of merchandise and engraved something on 1000 of them. That means that 3.5 items per day are personalized with a meaningful heartfelt message.
- We accepted 14,000 in-house jewelry repairs in 2014, special ordered 6000 items to meet the specific desires of our clients, and changed the battery in 7,000 watches.
- That is a lot of business. We are very thankful for it!