Record Sales Anticipated from Buffett, Borsheims Booth
The addition of Berkshire Hathaway Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett to Borsheims’ expert sales staff is expected to be a highlight of this year’s Berkshire Hathaway annual shareholders’ weekend. Mr. Buffett, who sold shoes at J.C. Penney’s 63 years ago, expects to prove himself as a “hotshot salesman” and is encouraging shareholders to come, buy and “make me look good.”
Buffett’s sales won’t be the only boost to Borsheims sales during this year’s shareholder weekend. For the first time, Borsheims is taking jewelry to its booth at the Qwest Center exhibition hall to sell during the annual meeting Saturday. The jewelry is available at a steep discount and only at the Qwest Center during the April 30 meeting. The jewelry includes diamond earrings, pearl necklaces, watches and more. An example of the discount? A diamond anniversary band valued at $825 will sell at the Qwest Center for $405.
Borsheims is excited to host the large crowds both at Borsheims and the Qwest Center. Here are a few guidelines to help shareholders navigate the crowds:
- Any Berkshire Hathaway shareholder will have the opportunity to purchase from Mr. Buffett, but time and space constraints will dictate how many shareholders will get in.
- Berkshire Hathaway shareholders hoping to purchase from Mr. Buffett should be in the store and shopping around 1pm on Sunday, May 1.
- The Borsheims Booth Deals will be available ONLY at the Qwest Center and ONLY on Saturday.
- A complete list of the Borsheims Booth Deals is available at borsheimsbrk.com.
As in the past, Borsheims shareholder pricing begins in store today and runs through Saturday, May 7. Shareholders can take advantage of the discounts on jewelry, watches and gifts at any time over the next two weeks.
Since becoming a Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary 21 years ago, Borsheims has been proud to host shareholders during the annual meeting. This year, shareholders will be welcomed to Borsheims for an exclusive cocktail reception on Friday, April 29, from 6 pm – 9 pm. They’ll also be treated to a shareholder-only shopping day on Sunday, May 1, from 9 am to 4 pm.
For more information about Borsheims or Berkshire Hathaway shareholders’ weekend, contact Trisha Meuret at tmeuret1@gmail or (402)658-0017 or Adrienne Fay at (402)341-0900 or email@example.com.
NOTES FOR MEDIA
- Media members will be allowed to document Mr. Buffett’s sales from a distance.
- Pool cameras (both still and video) will provide images from up close.
- For more information, contact Trisha Meuret at firstname.lastname@example.org or (402)658-0017.