- You must have shareholder credentials to attend the weekend’s official events, including the Borsheims cocktail party, Borsheims shareholder-only shopping day, the annual shareholders meeting on Saturday, the Berkyville shopping area in the CenturyLink Center, and to receive the discounts at Borsheims and Nebraska Furniture Mart.
- You can receive your credentials (up to 4 per shareholder) by filling out a form that came in your annual report from Berkshire Hathaway and mailing that form into Berkshire Hathaway. They’ll then send you your requested credentials in a few weeks.
- If you didn’t receive an annual report, contact your stockbroker and ask them to send you one.
- If you still can’t get your hands on an annual report, see the next step.
- You can get credentials once you arrive in Omaha for Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend. On Friday, May 5 from 11am to 6pm and Saturday, May 6 from 7am to 4pm, visit the Shareholder Services kiosk inside the CenturyLink Center. Bring a photo ID and proof of stock ownership (like a statement from your broker) and you will be given your credentials.
- If you still can’t seem to get your credentials, there are always a few ways to gain access:
- Berkshire Hathaway’s corporate office usually puts some credentials for sale on eBay for about $5 each (to keep scalpers from selling them)
- Find a shareholder who doesn’t need all four of their credentials and ask them to share.
- If you are a member of the media, you’ll need to contact Berkshire Hathaway headquarters directly for credentials. Please call them at (402)346-1400. You must go through their office to be credentialed for the weekend’s events.
Archive for the ‘Shareholder News’ Category
We’re not usually in the business of making movie recommendations around these parts, but this movie is a MUST.
The HBO documentary Becoming Warren Buffett is one of the best documentaries I have seen in a long time. It is a wonderfully intimate and insightful look into Mr. Buffett’s entire life – from his childhood, to his formative years, to the years where he was building Berkshire Hathaway into the success that it is today and even covering his incredible philanthropy.
Mr. Buffett gave the filmmakers great access – encouraging his family members to speak with them which provided lots of new-to-the-public video footage and photos of Buffett’s childhood. They include interviews with his children and several excerpts from an old interview with his late wife, Susan.
The end result is touching, informative, profound, and just plain lovely.
The people I’ve talked with who already loved Warren Buffett love him even more after watching the movie. And the people who didn’t know too much about him are now in love with him.Check out the preview below for a sneak peek.
The new 2017 Berkshire Hathaway memorabilia is in at Borsheims and it’s pretty fabulous.
I know several smart shoppers have already purchased their desired BRK souvenir – both to avoid having it sold out when they come to Omaha and to have it shipped straight to their home and avoid having to carry it back with them.
You can do the same thing – shop now at Borsheims.com.
Here are a few of my favorite items:
This Maple Leaf Artisan Cutting Board with the BRK logo is approximately 8×10″ and runs $40 with tax.
I also really like this wine gift set – especially the dollar sign wine stopper! The set includes the stopper and an engraved wine coaster and is $48 with tax.
If you’re more of a whiskey person, we have you covered there, too. Our new whiskey glasses and stones set features two charcoal whiskey tumblers with six soapstones engraved with the BRK logo and caricatures. The set runs $65 with tax.
My other new favorite – and an often requested item that I’m pleased to report we have this year – is a more luxurious pen. This Montblanc Roller Ball Pix Pen has Warren Buffett’s signature on the barrel. It costs $260 including tax and should last a lifetime!
This is just a sampling of the Berkshire Hathaway memorabilia we have for ready for the 2017 Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend. Browse through our new product and pick up some bargains on prior year’s hot sellers.
And as always – let us know if there’s a specific piece of memorabilia you’d like to see in the coming years. We love hearing your ideas!
It is officially Berkshire Hathaway season here in Omaha!
Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend is approaching, and the excitement really kicks off when Warren Buffett outlines the weekend in his annual letter to shareholders. (It was just released an hour ago – You can read the letter here.)Here is what you need to know for the 2017 Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders weekend:
- It is May 5, 6, and 7 in Omaha.
- Yahoo Finance will live-stream the meeting again for those who cannot travel to Omaha. (Warren Buffett says 1.1 million viewers watched it live last year, with another 11.5 million replays. Most people thanked him, saying they were too old, too thrifty, or their religion kept them from attending in person).
- Shopping at the CenturyLink Center on Friday and Saturday was HUGE, and it will again be open on Friday from noon to 5pm and Saturday from 6am to 5pm. I know our team at Borsheims has ordered extra items this year!
- The official schedule of events is found here, but Mr. Buffett’s letter details a few more offerings, like the newspaper toss and what specific books you should purchase at the Bookworm’s booth.
- Nebraska Furniture Mart will offer discounts in its Kansas City and Dallas area stores for the first time this year to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders. Shareholders will still need to show proof of ownership to get the discount.
- We love this special shout-out from Mr. Buffett’s daughter regarding Borsheims:
At Borsheims, we will again have two shareholder-only events. The first will be a cocktail reception from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, May 5th. The second, the main gala, will be held on Sunday, May 7th, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Saturday, we will remain open until 6 p.m. Remember, the more you buy, the more you save (or so my daughter tells me when we visit the store)We can’t wait for everyone to come see us, and we totally agree that the more you buy at Borsheims, the more you save! You can start your saving now by shopping online. We even have some of our 2017 Berkshire Hathaway gear ready to sell, including a whiskey set, a Montblanc pen with Warren’s signature, and dozens of other Berkshire Hathaway items.
Warren Buffett’s annual must-read letter to shareholders was released this weekend.
I consider it a mini-course in investing, with a strong side of humor – mentioning topics like colonoscopies, the Old Testament, and stockyards.
But here are a few of my favorite Buffett-isms from this year’s missive. They’re all direct quotes from the letter:
- Every decade or so, dark clouds will fill the economic skies, and they will briefly rain gold. When downpours of that sort occur, it’s imperative that we rush outdoors carrying washtubs, not teaspoons. And that we will do.
- I’ll repeat what I’ve both said in the past and expect to say in future years: Babies born in America today are the luckiest crop in history.
- My suggestion: Before even discussing repurchases, a CEO and his or her Board should stand, join hands and in unison declare, “What is smart at one price is stupid at another.”
- If there were ever to be another Ajit and you could swap me for him, don’t hesitate. Make the trade!
- As Charlie says, it’s great to have a manager with a 160 IQ – unless he thinks it’s 180.
- We like to make hay while the sun sets, knowing that it will surely rise again.
- When it comes to wind energy, Iowa is the Saudi Arabia of America.
- In a couple of instances, I stumbled in assessing either the fidelity or ability of incumbent managers or ones I later put in place. I will commit more errors; you can count on that. Fortunately, Charlie – never bashful – is around to say “no” to my worst ideas.
- Be aware, though, that it’s the growth of the Berkshire forest that counts. It would be foolish to focus over-intently on any single tree.
- It is true that we own some stocks that I have no intention of selling for as far as the eye can see (and we’re talking 20/20 vision).
- What is easy with millions, struggles with billions (sob!)
Clear your calendar. Block off your Saturday. Get your reading glasses cleaned and at-the-ready.
Saturday morning, our esteemed Chairman Warren Buffett is expected to release his annual letter to shareholders. It’s full of details on how Berkshire Hathaway is performing, a general outlook on the world, funny anecdotes and one-liners, and information about this year’s Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend.
In advance of the letter, Berkshire Hathaway already released a little news about the weekend, and it’s big news for our friends in Kansas City and Dallas.
For the first time, Nebraska Furniture Mart will offer the Berkshire Hathaway discounts at ALL their locations – not just the Omaha store.
The meeting will also be live streamed once again, allowing shareholders and non shareholders around the world to get a taste of the meeting.
But we all know that there is no substitute for being in Omaha and experiencing Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend firsthand. So book that trip and get ready. May 6th is approaching quickly.
Warren Buffett helped a couple get engaged at Borsheims during Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend. Borsheims is proud to share in the special moments in our customers’ lives – and feels even more privileged when Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett can make those moments extra special!
Michael Dentlinger, who works for a Berkshire Hathaway company in Omaha, wrote to Mr. Buffett asking for his help in proposing to his girlfriend, Rachel Gogan. Mr. Buffett agreed and, a few weeks after Mr. Dentlinger purchased the engagement ring from Borsheims, Mr. Buffett pulled the ring out of his pocket and Mr. Dentlinger dropped to his knee and proposed.
You can download photos of the proposal here.
The engagement happened at the tail end of Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend in Omaha. Thousands of shareholders visited Borsheims throughout the weekend, buying jewelry, watches, and gifts. They also watched as Mr. Buffett and Bill Gates played table tennis against Olympian Ariel Hsing and played bridge with bridge experts Bob Hamann and Sharon Osberg.
Borsheims is privileged to share in the special moments in our customers’ lives. We believe in treating this opportunity with the respect and importance it deserves. If you have any questions about Borsheims or the events at Borsheims during shareholder weekend, please contact:
Trisha Meuret: 402.658.0017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Adrienne Fay: 402.391.0400, email@example.com
We mentioned that the theme for this year’s Berkshire Hathaway shareholders meeting is “Berkshire By the Numbers.”
Walking around the exhibitors hall was a fascinating look into the Berkshire Hathaway businesses.
If you weren’t able to attend the meeting this year, check out these photos in the slideshow. You’ll learn a lot about Berkshire Hathaway – how big it is, the diversity of the business, and lots of fun facts.
Sunday is such a fun day at Borsheims. It’s really my favorite day of Berkshire shareholders weekend. It’s a little more relaxed than the rest, and we have all these fun games happening in Regency Court – right outside of Borsheims.
Back by popular demand… my helpful hints to playing the games today:
BRIDGE Bridge is again upstairs this year on the second floor of Regency Court. Anyone is welcome to play as long as they know how to play bridge. It helps if you already have your foursome put together, but if you’re solo come upstairs and sign up and we’ll try to get a group together for you. Bridge usually begins at 1pm, but a few people have been known to start playing earlier. We will have the sign-up sheet ready at noon and if you definitely want a seat, that’s when you should arrive. The experts, Sharon Osberg and Bob Hamann usually arrive between noon and 1pm. In his letter to shareholders, Warren Buffett says he will play them and hopes to “have Ajit and Charlie there also.”
TABLE TENNIS Mr. Buffett asked Ariel Hsing, Olympic Table Tennis star, back to Borsheims for another shareholders weekend! We are expecting her to start playing around 1pm. Shareholders can form a queue to try their table tennis skills against the young champ. We will provide paddles and balls, but if you are partial to your own paddle, you are welcome to bring it. Ms. Hsing usually stays for a few hours and rarely gets beat, but you’re welcome to try! We expect Mr. Buffett and Bill Gates to lead off the play with her.
MAGICIAN Norman Beck is an excellent magician and will do tricks in front of (and to) any shareholder near where he’s performing. He is usually located near Williams Sonoma, so be camped out there if you’re hoping to catch his show.
Hope you can join us for the fun!