I’m getting a lot of questions about how to get your hands on credentials for Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend. Let me tackle the most asked-for information:
- You must have shareholder credentials to attend the weekend’s official events, including the Borsheims cocktail party, Borsheims shareholder-only shopping day, the annual shareholders meeting on Saturday, the Berkyville shopping area in the CenturyLink Center, and to receive the discounts at Borsheims and Nebraska Furniture Mart.
- You can receive your credentials (up to 4 per shareholder) by filling out a form that came in your annual report from Berkshire Hathaway and mailing that form into Berkshire Hathaway. They’ll then send you your requested credentials in a few weeks.
- If you didn’t receive an annual report, contact your stockbroker and ask them to send you one.
- If you still can’t get your hands on an annual report, see the next step.
- You can get credentials once you arrive in Omaha for Berkshire Hathaway shareholders weekend. On Friday, May 5 from 11am to 6pm and Saturday, May 6 from 7am to 4pm, visit the Shareholder Services kiosk inside the CenturyLink Center. Bring a photo ID and proof of stock ownership (like a statement from your broker) and you will be given your credentials.
- If you still can’t seem to get your credentials, there are always a few ways to gain access:
- Berkshire Hathaway’s corporate office usually puts some credentials for sale on eBay for about $5 each (to keep scalpers from selling them)
- Find a shareholder who doesn’t need all four of their credentials and ask them to share.
- If you are a member of the media, you’ll need to contact Berkshire Hathaway headquarters directly for credentials. Please call them at (402)346-1400. You must go through their office to be credentialed for the weekend’s events.
Hope that helps! We’re excited to see you all in Omaha very soon!