Well this is news!
The Omaha World Herald and the Wall Street Journal are reporting that Berkshire Hathaway will stream this year’s annual meeting online. Shareholders have been asking about this possibility for years and we are glad to see it happening!In no particular order, here are a list of the reasons why this will be awesome:
- More people than ever will get a glimpse of the hilarity that is Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger combined.
- The meeting gets bigger every year – last year the overflow room I was in was standing-room-only and I heard all the overflow rooms were equally as packed. I don’t think having people sit on each other’s laps through the day-long meeting is a great plan, so….
- A live stream of the meeting means more shopping time for shareholders! They can browse at Borsheims while watching the meeting on our in-store big screens or their smartphones.
- Two words: Berkshire Movie. Once that piece of fine art is online, it is bound to go viral.
- Shareholders will still come to Omaha. In droves. If not only for the chance to hang with other shareholders and get a glimpse of Warren Buffett, they definitely will keep coming for our free food and drinks and amazing shopping!
And for the few shareholders who may opt to sit this trip to Omaha out and watch from the comfort of their far away city, we welcome them to get their Berkshire souvenirs and fine jewelry anytime they wish from our handy dandy website, borsheims.com.